Friday 4 September 2015

Bibliovore by name, Bibliovore by nature...

I am not lying or exaggerating when I say that I am a bibliovore: books are my life and I spend every waking minute reading.

Want proof?

Fact #1
My Kindle Paperwhite is the only thing that I would want on a desert island. I love the thing so much that it goes everywhere with me, even to the cinema, shops, restaurant, bathroom (oops, TMI). At this stage, it is nearly physically grafted to my right hand.

Not enough for you?

Fact #2
As of today, I have read 104 books since the beginning of 2015. I had initially set myself the challenge to read 52 books in 2015 via Goodreads, but I slightly exceeded that amount thanks to Mother Insomnia and a long maternity leave for which I am very grateful.

Fact #3
My husband has threatened me with divorce at least a dozen times because of the enormous amounts of money I spend daily on Amazon.

Money being tight for everyone these days, I had to find a viable solution to manage my book addiction (after all, I have two kids and I need to be able to buy them shoes when needed):

Here comes Kindle Unlimited, which I have discovered and joined a couple of months ago: for a tenner (7.99 GBP) per month, I can now read an unlimited amount of books from the Amazon selection (which is fairly decent actually). 

Sweeet!

Obviously, I still spend money on books that are not part of the Kindle Unlimited selection, hence my imminent divorce ;o)

What can a girl do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment